- How do I register?
- I forgot my password. How do I reset it?
- Do you allow guest checkout?
- What is an invoice ID?
- What is an order ID?
- What are Delivery options?
- What are the different order statuses and what do they mean?
- Will I be charged any fees for making a purchase?
- How do I check my order statuses?
- How do I make a credit/debit card payment?
- Are the credit/debit card payments safe?
- How do I know that my online payment is secure?
- Can I cancel my order and get a refund?
- I did not receive my item, what am I supposed to do?
- The item condition has significant discrepancies from what was stated in the item description. Am I able to get a refund?
- How do I register as a seller?
- Can I denote my items in another currency?
- Why can’t I sign into my seller dashboard?
- How do I edit my item information?
- Can I add a few delivery addresses?
- Why can’t I find the right category for my item?
- How can I keep track of orders that I receive?
- What do the different order statuses mean?
- Stripe states that a transfer has been submitted, but I have not received the money in my bank account yet. What is going on?
- What items are prohibited on Barbury Hill?
This marketplace uses Facebook or Google+ open ID for all your logins or you can create your own user name and password.
You can reset your password through either your Google or Facebook account.
Yes. You can choose not to create an account at Barbury Hill when making a purchase. However, you are highly recommended to do so as all your delivery details will be saved in your account. Any future purchases that you make will become much faster and simpler.
An invoice ID is a number generated for your reference after every successful checkout. A particular invoice ID may include multiple items that you have bought from multiple sellers in a single checkout.
For every successful checkout with an invoice ID, all the items that belong to a particular seller will be consolidated to a single order ID. Therefore, if you bought multiple items from a few sellers in a single checkout, you should receive a few order IDs.
Delivery options are a list of partner (seller) defined delivery methods that you can receive the item by. Some of the delivery options will have added cost.
There are different order statuses for different delivery types. These are:
For delivery, the order statuses are:
1. Paid – after you have successfully made a payment, the marketplace will automatically create an invoice ID and order ID and tag each item order status as paid.
2. Delivered – after the seller has shipped/couriered/delivered the item, they will set the item’s order status to “Delivered”. The marketplace will automatically send an email to inform you that your item is on its way.
3. Refunded– seller will set the item’s order status to “Refunded” when they have made a refund to the buyer.
You, the buyer, will not be charged any admin fees by Barbury Hill. However, you are responsible for all other related charges and taxes (including shipping and customs) related to the purchase including and not limited to charges invoiced by the seller, freight forwarders or by the tax authorities.
Simply hover the cursor over your profile to activate the drop down bar and click on “Purchases”. This opens up your Purchase History page where you can access details of orders that you have placed, including invoice ID, timestamp, item, qty, delivery method and order status.
Click the shopping cart on the top menu bar. After selecting the items that you want to checkout, fill in your delivery details which include your name, notification email, contact number and delivery address. If you are using an account, these details should already be prepopulated for you. Next, review the order details once last time before clicking “Proceed to payment”. Check the payment details and click “Pay now”. A pop up box would appear so that you can fill in your credit card details. Once the payment is done, you will be redirected back to Barbury Hill’s site.
Barbury Hill does not store nor handle any credit card details on our site. Our PCI level 1 compliant partners hold all your financial data securely; no one can access it, not even us!
Barbury Hill uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology which ensures that all connections on Barbury Hill’s server remain encrypted. This ensures all information you send using our app will be encrypted. Please click the “padlock” icon on the web browser for more details on the security certificate. Barbury Hill also do not store any credit card details and payments are processed through Stripe. Our PCI level 1 compliant partners hold all your financial data securely; no one can access it, not even us!
All sales made on Barbury Hill are considered to be final and binding. Thus we do not accept any order cancellations once the order has been paid. Please contact the seller directly if you need to have your order cancelled. It is up to the seller’s discretion whether they will allow a cancellation and provide a full refund excluding any transaction fees that have already been incurred. In addition, do note that the admin fee collected by the Barbury Hill is a fixed commission for facilitating a sale and thus will not be refunded. However, in rare cases where the actual item has significant discrepancies from the item description or is undelivered, please refer to our dispute policy below.
If you did not receive an item, you need to make a report to the seller by contacting them directly. The seller should address your concern and provide updates on the delivery of the item and its tracking information. If you find that the seller’s response is unsatisfactory, Barbury Hill will step in to mediate. You should always communicate through the admin so that you will be protected by our Terms of Service.
If there are any significant discrepancies in the item, you should contact the seller directly. The seller will address your concern and offer a solution, such as offering a replacement or trading for another item.
If both you and the seller have agreed on returning the item, you should take note of the following.
- You must return the item in the exact same condition in which it was received.
- It is your responsibility as the buyer to pay for the return cost of shipping.
- You, as the buyer, need to pay for any customs charges incurred on the returned item.
If you are unsatisfactory with the resolution provided by the seller, you can request Barbury Hill to mediate for you.
As part of the mediation process, the admin will review the chat history, item description, photos of the item provided by both you and the seller, and any other information about the item that you and the seller have provided. You should always communicate through the admin so that you will be protected by our Terms of Service.
You are not able to register as a seller without first contacting Barbury Hill so we can review your offering. Please email: email@example.com
No, unfortunately not. The current default currency on Barbury Hill is GBP, and we do not accept any other currencies at this point in time. Do set up your Stripe account in United Kingdom and configure the currency in Stripe as GBP. If not, you might incur additional charges arising from foreign exchange differences between GBP and the currency in your Stripe account.
If you can’t sign into your seller dashboard, it might be because you have been banned by Barbury Hill. You can raise a case by contacting Barbury Hill directly.
2. Choose the item you want to edit, and click on the sign.
3. You will be redirected to your specific listing’s details page.
4. From there, you may edit any details you would like.
5. Once you are happy with the new details, click on “Save” and your edits will be reflected.
Yes, you can definitely do so. If you add more than one delivery address during the sign up process, you have the choice of selecting your preferred address during the checkout process when you purchase an item from Barbury Hill as a buyer.
You are only able to add an item under a particular category or sub-category if it has been created by us. If you can’t find the right category for your items, don’t worry! Simply drop Barbury Hill an email, we will review your request and add in the category for you.
Click the “Orders” tab on the seller menu to access your orders page. You are able to view the relevant details for each item order that you receive, including the Order ID, Invoice ID, Timestamp, Item, Quantity purchased. Click on any payment ID to dive into greater details.
Any time you have completed a certain action to fulfill the order, you can change the order status by clicking on the drop down bar. In the event that you are fulfilling multiple orders at the same time, you can also mass update the order statuses. Simply check the boxes of the relevant orders and click on the “Change Status” button.
For delivery, the order statuses are:
1. Paid – after the buyer has successfully made a payment, an invoice ID and order ID would be automatically created, and each item order status would be tagged as paid.
2. Delivered – after you have shipped/couriered/delivered the item, you can set the item’s order status to “Delivered”. The buyer will then receive an email notification that their item is on its way.
3. Refunded– you can set the item order status to “Refunded” when you have made a refund to the buyer.
Stripe submits transfers every day, but most banks will only process the transfer on business days. This means that if Stripe sent you money on a holiday or a weekend, you will probably only receive the money in your bank account on the next day that your bank is open. For transfers sent on business days, you should receive the money by the next day.If the transfer was submitted on a business day and you don’t receive the money in your bank account within a couple of days, this probably means that the transfer has failed. Banks take 3-5 business days to inform Stripe about transfers that failed to go through, at which time Stripe will e-mail you about the issue and how to fix it.
Barbury Hill requires all sellers and users to abide by the laws of the jurisdictions in which you are operating and selling. If you are shipping items across international borders, we expect all members to follow the local laws of both the exporting and importing countries.
Therefore, even if an item is illegal in one country but legal in another, it would still be strictly prohibited on Barbury Hill. Barbury Hill does not allow any listing that through images or descriptions facilitate or promote illegal acts when applied under a specific context.
Barbury Hill expects all users to only list items that are legal. All items must not present legal risks to our community, be inconsistent with Barbury Hill values or harmful to our members.