Exceptionally smooth with layers of complexity, Salcombe’s ‘Start Point’ Gin is distilled with 13 botanicals hand sourced from around the world including Macedonian juniper, English coriander and fresh citrus sourced from historical trading routes once served by the Salcombe fruit schooners. A crisp and refreshing gin with distinctive warm citrus notes.
Tasting Notes: Notes of red grapefruit along with heady, earthy pine notes from Macedonian juniper.
Awards: Gold at the 2019 Taste of the West Awards, Double Gold at the San Francisco World Spirits competition in 2017, 3 stars at the Great Taste Awards 2017, Gold at the World Gin Awards 2017, Platinum at the Beverage Testing Institute 2017, Platinum at the SIP Awards 2018.
- Serving suggestion: Pour over ice and serve with tonic with a slice of red grapefruit.
- Cocktail suggestion: The St Clair Named after one of the famous Salcombe Fruit Schooners, the St Clair is the perfect aperitif for a celebratory moment (Cocktail In Images)
- 25ml Salcombe Gin ‘Start Point’
- 25ml Elderflower Liqueur
- 20ml Freshly squeezed red grapefruit juice
- 70ml Chilled soda water
- Citrus peel for decorative garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice
- Add red grapefruit juice, elderflower liqueur and ‘Start Point’
- Shake vigorously
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a flute glass
- Add the chilled soda water
- Slice a thin piece of grapefruit peel and add to the rim of the glass
ABV: 44% / Size: 70cl
Delivery Cost: £4.95 / Free delivery over £50
Delivery info: Deliveries to mainland UK only. orders placed before 12 noon Monday – Thursday can expect next day delivery arriving Tuesday – Friday. All orders placed between Thursday 12 noon and Monday 12 noon will delivered on the Tuesday (with the exception of bank holidays).
Gift Message / Preferred Delivery Date: To add a gift message or a preferred delivery date, please add details at check out. While we will do everything we can to ensure your preferred delivery date is met, this cannot be guaranteed.
Age restriction: This item contains alcohol, which is not for sale to people under the age of 18. Barbury Hill promotes responsible consumption. For the facts about alcohol visit drinkaware.co.uk. A check may be made and signature required on delivery.