Smoked Salmon Terrines
Get ready for the festive celebrations with the delicious individual smoked salmon terrines. Using the finest ingredients including succulent Scottish Smoked salmon from Pinneys of Orford.
- 500g thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 300g crème fraîche
- 100g cream cheese
- 5 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp finely chopped fennel (optional)
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- Finely chopped fresh dill, chopped, plus extra sprigs to garnish
- In a food processor, whizz 200g of the salmon, then add the crème fraîche and cream cheese. Scoop into a bowl and fold in 2 tbsp lemon juice, a pinch of salt, pepper and the fennel, if using.
- Very lightly oil 8 x 100ml moulds or ramekins and line with the remaining slices of smoked salmon, allowing them to hang over the edges. Spoon the pâté between the moulds or ramekins and fold the salmon over to cover. Cover with cling film and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- Mix the remaining lemon juice, the olive oil and sugar together. Divide the cucumber between plates. Turn the terrines out on the cucumber and garnish each with a dill sprig. Sprinkle the cucumber with the chopped dill and spoon over the dressing.
Credit: Delicious Magazine, Oct 2021
Shopping list: Laid back Scottish Salmon Side